[ale] OT: Job posting in NY

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue May 13 11:46:12 EDT 2003

This was just sent my way for some reason.  Hope it can do someone some
good, note it appears to be in NYC.  If you get the $1000 referal, feel
free to send me a bottle of scotch.

----- Forwarded message from Patrick Burke <pb at navistaff.com> -----

From: Patrick Burke <pb at navistaff.com>
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Robert
To: Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:24:21 -0400

Robert,

Patrick Burke with Navistaff.  I am a recruiter looking for guru-level
C++/Unix trading system developers.  Below is a copy of the position we
currently have at a major Investment Bank in NYC.  Highly competitive salary
and bonus structure.  Let me know if you are interested.  Alternatively, we
offer $1000 compensation for referrals that lead to placements.

Expert C++ systems level programmer with detailed knowledge of UNIX system
calls and IPC mechanisms,  multithreaded programming, STL, and
design patterns.  Must have experience developing mission critical, high
throughput applications and be familiar with the architectural/design issues
involved (recovery, fault-tolerance, etc.).  Knowledge of order management
systems, databases, TIBCO/Rendezvous, trading GUIs and financial protocols
(FIX, CMS, etc.) are pluses.  Financial industry experience (especially in
equities) is desirable but not necessary.

Patrick Burke
Navistaff, Inc.
pb at navistaff.com
908.273.6960 ext. 102

IT Staffing for the Financial Industry.

----- End forwarded message -----

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net