[ale] linksys router web interface and Mozilla

Joseph Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon May 12 20:26:55 EDT 2003

"John Wells" <jb at sourceillustrated.com> writes:

> Picked up a linksys WAP router/pc-card combo over the weekend.  Turned out
> with a rebate to be cheaper than buying to cards (a sale).
>
> I'm now using the router as if it were a wireless card (only one NIC
> attached physically from a machine that I have a freeswan gateway
> configured.
>
> Problem is, most of the configuration utility on the router doesn't seem
> to work with Mozilla (some of it does, much of it doesn't)...anyone else
> see this?  Will a firmware upgrade fix it?  I really hate having to reboot
> to XP for anything non-trivial in the config.

My Linksys router sometimes behaves oddly when I access it using Mozilla.
(It's a cable router with a 4-port switch, with no wireless capability.)
Examples include failing to load bitmaps used in the admin pages (such
as the tab bar), or failing to accept correct authentication.
But that behavior is quite intermittent, and usually solved by
hitting the "reload" button. What kind of behavior are you seeing?

Cheers,

-- Joe