[ale] spam

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Mon May 12 11:59:53 EDT 2003

At the time, only Bellsouth would talk to me about DSL.  No one else
said they could install it in my area.  I told Earthlink that BS would
install it and they said, go right ahead, we can't.  Do not know why.

The reason I got DSL in general was to support VPN connection.  I didn't
much like it at 56kb.  And after what AT&T cable did to us, I sure
wasn't going to attempt to go cable.  As far as I could tell, it was BS
or nothing at the time.  It's too much of a PITA to change now.