[ale] Mount NFS as user

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Mon May 12 11:04:33 EDT 2003

Assuming you already have NFS and Portmap configured and running
correctly, and the user id's are identical on both machines....

Server:
/etc/exports -> /home/cfowler/Mail client_host_name(rw)

Client:
/etc/fstab ->
server:/home/cfowler/Mail /home/cfowler/Mail nfs auto,[user|owner] 0 0

Make sure /home/cfowler/Mail exists

$ mount /home/cfowler/Mail

HTH

jonathan glass