[ale] Frys opening in Duluth

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Thu May 8 08:57:29 EDT 2003

Christopher Fowler wrote:

>Is this any different for BestBuy?

The only Best Buy I've had really poor customer service at was the one
on South Cobb and that was a few years ago (when they opened up a game I
was returning to verify everything was in it, then said they wouldn't
take it because it was opened).  Every other Best Buy has had folks who
are at least nice even when they don't know the answer to my questions.
I don't remember a visit to Fry's where I talked to a floor person who
was courteous or knowledgable.  I can't say the same of Best Buy . . .
in fact, going to a different store a couple of days ago to purchase a
copy of Kiki's Delivery Service (which hasn't been in stock at the South
Cobb store since it was released, but was necessary for a special they
were running that said if you bought Kiki's, Spirited Away and Castle in
the Sky you got Princess Mononoke for free) not only did they honor the
special with receipts from the other store, but they also honored the
coupon on the front of Kiki's that gave us $4 with the purchase of
Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky even though we weren't buying it
right now.  At the Frys I've been at that would have been a long shot to
actually happen and if it did it would have taken about an hour of
standing in the Customer Service line (which generally only has 2 people
manning it instead of the 30 people manning the cash registers) and
argu^H^H^H^Hdiscussing it with the person at the counter and having them
go through all the layers of bureaucracy to actually honor the special.

So, yeah, it's a lot different for Best Buy. . . at least in my experience.

For more reading check out http://www.doofus.org/frys/

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's