[ale] Duplicating a CD

Joseph Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 15:01:18 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

I've got a CD with an ISO filesystem *and* some audio tracks on it
(it's one of my daughter's "animated storybooks").  I want to
duplicate this disc, for backup purposes. If it were just a
filesystem, or just audio, I'd know how to proceed, but the
combination on one disk has thrown me. I have the usual array of tools
at my displosal (cdparanoia, cdrecord, mkisofs, etc.) but I'm not
sure, at a conceptual level, how to approach this task. All of the
Google hits about duplicating CDs seem to discuss audio only, or data
only. I'd appreciate a pointer to relevant documentation, if any.

Thanks,

-- Joe