[ale] Quick & Dirty CAD (mechanical)

Bob Slaughter rslau at mindspring.com
Mon May 5 18:37:27 EDT 2003

> Hi ALE,
>
>   Anyone have a suggestion for a Very easy to use CAD like program?  I need
> something quick & dirty to draw a Very rough floor-plan of my apartment.
>
>   I tried Gimp, QCAD & Cycad, but none were quite quick & dirty enough (since
> they all had a learning curve of more than 5 min for me).  I'm an old hack at
> AutoCAD (the DOS version).

Try Xfig; it should be bundled with most linux distros. Ain't CAD, but will
do block drawings and such fairly quickly, and you can do arrowed measurement
lines as well, etc.

--
Bob Slaughter, rslau at mindspring.com     http://www.mindspring.com/~rslau/
North Georgia Modurail: http://www.mindspring.com/~rslau/ngm/