[ale] Q: how to mount CF card in SanDisk USB reader

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Sun May 4 01:51:18 EDT 2003

Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> I have a small USB "mass storage device" that I call a widget. It allows
> me to carry 64mgb around in my pocket. Properly set up digital cameras
> _should_ report themselves to the OS as a USB Mass Storage Device.

"Properly" being a relative word in this case.  My Sony DSC-P9 can "properly" set to USB "Normal", in which case it shows up under the mass storage driver, or it can "properly" bet set to "PTP" for use with such programs as gphoto or jphoto.

I've not heard of needing a usb-scsi for CF cards either.  The CF cards from my Visor are readable in a J-generic USB card reader using only there modules (SuSE 8.1)
usb-uhci               23052   0  (unused)
usb-storage            57232   0  (unused)
usbcore                61696   0  [usb-uhci usb-storage]

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith