[ale] OT: wireless networks hazardous to health?

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sat May 3 20:51:35 EDT 2003

I am going to submit that the air quality (in home and Atl smog) will be more
unhealthy. Oh, and leaks from the microwave, or having an enclosed garage
that opens into the living space. There are tons of other things to be
worried about.

On Saturday 03 May 2003 05:55 pm, Jonathan Rickman wrote:
> On Sat, 3 May 2003, John Wells wrote:
> > I recall reading in an Ale thread a LONG time ago that there were
> > potential health hazards regarding wireless networks.  I assume this is
> > similar to cell phone radiation, etc., but I can't find the post in the
> > archives and I'm not having any luck googling useful information.
> >
> > I'm considering purchasing a WAP and a wireless nic soon, but would like
> > to find more info on whether there really is a risk to my family's health
> > or not.  I have a baby daughter arriving in a number of weeks, and don't
> > want to take *any* chances.
>
> No more dangerous than your typical cordless phone. Is that good or bad? I
> dunno. For all I know, the cordless phone could be more dangerous than a
> cell phone. But, from a radio wave perspective, the two are very close to
> one another in terms of "noise".

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com