[ale] [way OT]: Workbench power supply?

Alexander Barton abarton at mindspring.com
Thu May 1 22:21:05 EDT 2003

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
>  From what I can gather with my limited knowledge, I think I'd like to
> have a 12-14V power supply, that can handle however many AMPS are
> equivalent to my 70 watt DC power supply.

70 Watts divided by 12 Volts is 5.83 Amps.

> Does anyone have a recommendation of a power supply that I could use to
> affordably duplicate a vehicle power subsystem?

Instead of a power supply, you might want to get another car battery.
At a draw of 6 Amps, the battery should last a while.  Then, swap it
with the one in your car to recharge.

You also have a hot spare in case you leave you car lights on one day.  :-)

-Alexander