[ale] Mail Server?

Andrew Newton anewton at ecotroph.net
Thu May 1 11:58:30 EDT 2003

Mark Angeli wrote:
> Ok... well, thats why I'm asking. When I installed the server, I went
> with qmail. At the time, it was, believe it or not, easiest for me to
> set up. I'm still working on learning the ins and outs of email
> servers...

At work, we are now decommissioning our last qmail box and switching it
over to our Courier system (http://www.courier-mta.org).  Courier got
its start as scripts and patches for qmail, but has grown into its own
MTA (complete with optional IMAP and POP servers too).  So some of what
it does and how it acts are very similar to qmail.

I started using it because it was, at the time, the only MTA that didn't
require patching to use OpenSSL.

-andy