[ale] NFS via TCP

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Mar 27 11:50:07 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Jeff Layton wrote:

>    NFSv4 support is in the 2.5.x series kernel but I don't think there will
> ever be a 2.4 back-port. I haven't tried NFSv4 yet since I'm reluctant to
> try the unstable kernel series, but NFSv4 has some nifty features I
> want to try.

It was actually first developed on 2.4, though that code's no longer
maintained. Instead, you can now get a 2.4 client backport of the 2.5 code
from CITI, though you'll need 2.5 (or use unmaintained patches for 2.4) for
the server (for now; the server should shortly be backported as well)

<http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/>

I've been interested in getting it operating with Solaris servers doing
kerberized NFS. I got it kinda working at one point, but haven't had time to
poke it more since then....

later,
chris