[ale] ALE-NE Kickoff

Louis Zamora lzamora at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Mar 26 16:32:24 EST 2003

We are looking forward to the mother of all ALE kickoffs!

Thursday, April 3rd, at 7:00 PM at Edeltacom.
http://www.edeltacom.com/contact/directions.cfm

Please make sure to arrive with a picture ID or security can not permit you
to come in.

Danny Cox has graciously volunteered to make a presentation on Linux
Software Raid.  We'll discuss Linux Software RAID; what it supports, what it
doesn't, a little theory, hints and tricks, some practical application, and
Weird Stuff, followed by the required Q&A.

Also, on tap, is a pre-meeting get together at Moe's on the corner of
Lawrenceville-Suwanee Rd and Satellite Blvd. The manager, Ray Dahnji, has
agreed to give us a 15% discount and we can show up there anytime between
5:30 and 6:00PM.

For those of you familiar with the area, there are plenty of excellent
places to hang out so we'd like to open future pre-meeting get-togethers up
to anybody's suggestion (name the place and I'll ask the manager for a
discount on our tabs).

Meeting format as follows:

	Call to Order (ha!)
	Announcements
	General Announcements (recruiters, job seekers, etc.)
 	Switchboard
 	Presentation
 	Closing

Also, Greg Canter will follow up and honor us next month (May ALE-NE) with
the "newbie" presentation that he did at ALE-NW. It discusses how to install
Linux and some of the programs in linux to use to replace the winbloze
software.

The table is open for all volunteers and speakers to contribute ideas at
will.

Thanks Jim, Dan, Greg, Chris, Rob, Harold and Geoffrey for your efforts to
make it happen.

Louie