[ale] DHCP Server Options and RADIUS

Sheahan, John (PCLN-NW) John.Sheahan at priceline.com
Wed Mar 26 14:29:40 EST 2003

I setup a new DHCP server on RH 7.0 to provide IP addresses to clients
coming in off my VPN. The VPN authenticates to a RADIUS server and sends a
User-Name=<username> to RADIUS.

I am trying to setup my dhcpd.conf file to give out a static IP address
based on the User-Name value. Supposedly, the RADIUS is setup to do that
since I edited the RADIUS config files based on the vendor's suggestions but
the DHCP end is not setup and the vendor says they are not DHCP experts so
they can't help. They did say I need to setup DHCP with options 12
(host-name) and option 118 (DHCP-subnet-selection).

Does anyone know the base syntax needed to allow the DHCP server to give out
the same IP address to a user based on their user name?

Thanks.