[ale] Near FAQ: OpenOffice-1.0 and StarOffice-6.0 comparison

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon Mar 24 15:11:09 EST 2003

Dow, all -

Thanks for the comment.

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Dow Hurst wrote:

> You know all the clipart, templates, and wizards in MSWord?  Well, you
> get alot of that kind of stuff in StarOffice 6.x when you buy it.
> Openoffice doesn't come with that.

I don't use much [any, yet] clipart in my documents, but templates could
be helpful.

'NotherQ, this compared to M$ Word - I tend to use the document
structuring features of Word quite extensively (outlining, expanding,
moving sections around), and not infrequently the master/sub document
breakouts. How do Open- and Star-Office compare to (1) each other, if they
differ, and (2) M$ Word (>=97) in these regards?

Thanks for any input.

 John Mills
 john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu