[ale] H-1B violations in Georgia?

Ray Knight audilover at atlantabroadband.com
Thu Mar 20 02:24:23 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 19:45, Bob Toxen wrote:
> If you know of any authoritative published articles on violations of
> H-1B law, preferably in Georgia, please email me the details.  I.e., if
> you know of any specific articles in the AJC, well-known and respected
> magazines, etc.
>
> Also, if you can point to first-person cases of suspected violation of
> the law (where the person who suffered will discuss it) I would like to
> know this too.  The most likely case might be where the legally required
> advertisement of the job contained skills that the desired H-1B person
> has but which are not significant to the intended job.
>
> I recently discussed this matter with someone who might be of help.
> Note that I need details of suspected violation of existing law, not
> details of how the law might be changed or why it is unfair.
>
> Any information provided in response will be considered NOT private unless
> otherwise specified by the sender.
>
> This is YOUR chance to make a difference!
>
> Best regards,

I've seen cases where a company hires H1B workers without ever
advertising the position.  It happens all the time and some companies
justify it by their desire to have a "diverse" employee base.  With the
current high unemployment rate I find it unbelievable that there is
still a need for H1B workers.

Ray