[ale] Sun Sued over H-1B's

hbbs at attbi.com hbbs at attbi.com
Wed Mar 19 16:27:01 EST 2003

> I think anyone in that position understands that they have to keep looking.
> But if you think there is no such thing as age discrimination--particularly
> in the IT industry--then you are living in a dream world.

Not hardly, especially as a nearly-40 who only just recently got a fulltime job
after a year and a half of looking.

My point is that the woman you mentioned is jumping to conclusions to her own
detriment and you seem to be falling right in line.

It is also unfair to label as age discrimination what might more likely be
*salary* discrimination - why pay a pro a pro salary when you can satisfy the
hiring manager (who is likely to not appreciate or understand the difference)
with some kid at half the price?

- Jeff

- Jeff