[ale] Win98 + LILO

Cory T. Echols ctechols at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 19 14:43:04 EST 2003

On 03/19, Jason Day wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 11:13:39AM -0800, Herman, Izzie wrote:
> > Here's what I have in /etc/lilo.conf
> >
> > other=/dev/hda6
> > 	label=windows
> >
> > When I try to boot into windows, it just hangs at "Loading Windows"
>
> Can windows 98 boot from a partition other than the first?  I've never
> tried putting windows on anything other than /dev/hda1.

If my memory serves me, Windows can boot from any primary partition.
Unfortunately, /dev/hda6 is not going to be a primary partition, but a
logical one.

You're probably best off to just keep Windows on /dev/hda1.  Deviating
too far from that course is likely to only cause pain.

--
Cory T. Echols          | "You don't make the poor richer by making the rich
ctechols at mindspring.com | poorer."