[ale] free bsd vs. linux

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 09:51:10 EST 2003

well the reason i bring it up, ive heard of bsd and in my mind its allways
been just like linux, just another unix varient, and tho they have been
bent (like any other os) on security there still wasnt much difference.
personnaly i have yet to use an os better than linux, to be more specific
i havent seen anything like gentoo linux, but hey i used to be a debian
lover too ;) in any case,  i seen some nutz on teck tv saying "free bsd is
better than linux on a server we can set a apache server up in 3 min flat"
 er close to those lines,  and so i was just curious. my personal opinion?
linux isnt the best os, sure maybe someday it will be but due to the
platform its on or something i think the os takes up too much space when
compiled to take advantage of a processor.. maybe im nutz! i dont know but
im just keeping my eye open for that better os ;) im perfectly comfortable
with staying with linux tho so its gonna have to be better performing and
pretty to! LOL sorry for starting trouble if i did,   im just one of those
perfectionists allways wanting to make something better or tweak it till
it breaks,  ;) i like breaking linux, i allways learn something new after
i break something. i think i need to study the manual to gcc and g++
compilers, perhaps ill find my answers there. im not sure what im looking
for but theres just some kinda empty hole and ive tried to fill it with
religion (not a bad hole filler ;) psychics and random stupid stuff, then
i got linux well that helped but im still itching for something new...
cant put my finger on it yet. maybe some hacking will help me ;) i love
getting frustrated tho, for some reason when something frustrates me about
a computer i will wanna break it but i allways come back!! well  ive dont
enough venting here, time for bed for me ;) im a night crew dude.  have
fun in the office for me guys,