[ale] Kernel Panic: No init found. Try passing init= to kernel.? ? ? ? ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Mon Mar 10 09:24:32 EST 2003

James,

I get the same error message,...........

	Kernel Panic: No init found. Try passing init= to kernel.

Coupla questions:

	init is supposed to run from the root floppy not the boot floppy, right ?

	passing init= to the kernel means.... at bootup, when you type in
rescue, is when init= is entered, right ?

  e.g.

boot: rescue init=/bin/init

I have no idea why my init script is not found&run,

Courtney