[ale] annoying mouse problem

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Mar 7 09:56:07 EST 2003

On Friday 07 March 2003 03:13 am, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> KDE under Suse has some sort of "Web Url" menu pop up everytime I
> highlight text that is a URL (set by default). It activates from
> terminal, word editor, or email client - but not really browsers.
>
> Once this nemesis is "up" it expects you to click it - to select a
> program to process the URL in - I don't know what it is called, and I
> have HUNTED to get this thing turned off (I work with URLs all day long
> for my site).

You can just hit the ESC key, too.

> Can someone tell me how to kill it? I have tried everything I can think
> of.

Sounds like you found it.  Kinda funny--I lokve the clipper.  It keeps a
record of stuff I've copy/pasted so I can find an old one.  I love being
able to highlight something in emacs and pick a web browser launch.   I
usually surf with Konqueror, but sometimes Konq can't handle the
javascript, so I just select the url and type 'm' and it opens in mozilla.

You can also disable to automatic popup but still access it with Alt-Ctl-R
if you want.

Michael