[ale] Speakeasy DSL (Anyone here have it?)

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Mar 7 08:38:40 EST 2003

On Thursday 06 March 2003 18:02, Mike Panetta wrote:
> Is anyone on this list using Speakeasy DSL?  I am thinking about getting
> their service, but its a bit more expensive then I was expecting...

I'm very happy with Speakeasy service since I switched to it at the beginning
of the year (when DirecTV shut down). Of every DSL option I investigated,
theirs was far and away the most Linux friendly; for instance, they host
www.rpmfind.net. I found their Terms of Service Agreement was also the most
user-respecting of the all the choices.

> What would I get for the price?

They have a variety of packages. You can match price against what you need.

>  They mention static IPs, do they really
> give out multiple IPs?  (a 6net perhaps?)

Yes. (Number of IP's being package dependent.)

> What are other Linux friendly ISP's out there?

...err... OPENLY Linux friendly?? ;-)

peace
(after justice)
aaron