[ale] Spam and fetchmail

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 4 10:24:15 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 09:37:10AM -0500, Chris Fowler wrote:
> Is anyone using fetchmail with a spam deletion program?  I just got
> fetchmail and imap configured.  Now I want to elimante some spam.

I've been using spamassassin[1] for a few months now.  It works pretty
well.  Occasionally a spam will seep through, and I just forward it
straight to spamcop.  The only false positives I've got have been either
posts to bugtraq containing javascript exploits, or mail from someone
using an ISP listed in razor.

[1] http://www.spamassassin.org/

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9