[ale] RH8.0: first impressions

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Mar 3 15:31:07 EST 2003

Slakware and SoundBlaster CD-ROM.  I liked it when twm was running.  95
was the time I did the install too.

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 15:23, Geoffrey wrote:
> Joe wrote:
>  > (My first Linux install was on a 120MB drive,
> > which seemed bloody enormous at the time... But that was before there
> > were "distributions".)
>
> I'm curious, since you mention your first effort.  I think my first
> Linux install was around 1995.  It was cdrom based though.  Slackware.
>
> I can still remember at marveling at the login prompt...
>
> How about others??

> The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
> Think about it...

"The Law of Leaky Abstractions"
There is a time where abstractions lead to the inablity to
fix problems that leak through the abstraction.
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/LeakyAbstractions.html