[ale] OT: hib's again.

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Mar 3 11:44:58 EST 2003

By the same token, a person who directs the writing and sales of an
operating system that is of poor quality, has numerous security and
functional flaws, obliterates competitors with impunity, and manages to
charge more money for patches than the original OS cost is called
"living the American Dream". We are a dysfunctional society.

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 11:22, Geoffrey wrote:
> Caught a portion of a segment of 60 minutes last night regarding IIT
> (India Institute of Technology).  One notable comment made was that 2/3
> of the students leave India for the United States.
>
> Now there's been some comments made regarding overpaid US IT workers
> (specific reference to a bmw..).
>
> I'm begun to wonder why it is that because I want a decent living, a
> nice home, nice car (it's not a bmw) and the ability to put my daughter
> in a nice college (which will cost me a hell of a lot more then the
> government subsidized IIT) is considered greedy, yet graduates of IIT
> coming to the states for IT work is referred to as 'seeking a better way
> of life.'  Is not, taking a government education and leaving the country
> greedy?
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part