[ale] (Slashdot) Microsoft Opens Source to China

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Fri Feb 28 18:27:42 EST 2003

	To me, it has more to do with chinese government's push to use
open-source software (like M$ lost their bid for Beijing city government
software contract last year). To me, it is a natural response to brave
customer whose dares to stand up to the abuse and say 'show me or else'...

If each and every M$ customer can stand up for himself/herself, things
would not become this badly entrenched at 1st place ... that has become
easier thanks to the steady progress of the open-source software.