[ale] Xircom RBE-109 RH8

Zyman, Andy zymana at hra.nyc.gov
Fri Feb 28 16:35:44 EST 2003

Gentleman,
Could you please guys explain me where the information is coming for PMCIA
card? Here is the situation:
1. RH8
2. Xircom RBE-100 ( RBE-100 is written on the card ) card ( cardctl ident
gives :
Xircom , CardBus Ethernet II 10/100, CBEII-10/100
manfid :0x0105,0x0103
function : 6 ( network )

3. in /etc/pcmcia/config :
I have the desription on this card ( I have no idea how to find the version
of pcmcia :< )
is binding to xircom_vb :
bind "xircom_cd" to 0

4. Now, my understanding that if i remove the description of this card from
config - and start pcmcia it won't get recognized and start of network will
fail..
5. Apparently it is not true, because it always produce the same msges in
/var/log/messages :

Xircom carbus revision 3 at irq 11
starting version 3.1.131
config error . file "config" line ....
// and there is completely diff. card at this location IBM smth...
// than there are 2 probs. and last line :
/etc/hotplug /pci.agent : Setup xircom_cb for PCI slot 0:2:00:0

so I'm lost in the deep jungles of short bushes. any explanation please ?
Thank you.

P.S. the weirdest part if i plug it into network - it will work...

Thank You
 Andy
office: 212 849 3543