[ale] a request for list change

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Feb 26 11:41:08 EST 2003

Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 February 2003 11:03 am, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>I personally liked the way it was configured before, at least then I
>>could select reply to all, and the cut out the email addresses I didn't
>>want it to go to.  As it is now, I can not respond to an individual
>>without manually entering the address...
>

> That sounds like your mailer.  Note that I replied to all and your address
> is in the To field.

As I noted before in the previous discussion, then your mailer is
broken.  The purpose of the reply-to is to replace the To:, so any
request to respond to the email to the original poster should go to the
reply-to:, never to the To:

Point is, the idea is that someone is sending email from one email
address expecting any replies to go to another.  By a mailer sending the
email to the To: , even if it sends it to the reply-to as well, it's not
doing what the poster expected, or, what the rfc defines...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...