[ale] [OT] Installing RAM in a Compaq Armada 1700

Joe jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 23:15:32 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I've got a cute little Armada 1700 here, and I'm going to use it to
explore a bunch of different distros. At the moment it's only got 64M
RAM and a 4G HD. I'm looking to up the RAM to at least 128M and the HD
to at least 10G. The HD is easily accessible, and I can pick up a 10G
drive for $40 on eBay. However, I can't figure out how to physically
access the RAM to upgrade it. (I have no docmentation of any kind for
it, and Google has not helped me thus far.) Does anyone else have one
of these boxes? Know how to get at the RAM?

Thanks,

-- Joe Knapka