[ale] Linux RH 7.2 - APC UPS BF350U - Kernel 2.3.34

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Feb 24 20:51:23 EST 2003

Dow Hurst wrote:
> I haven't hear of any open source UPS software that supports USB.  Has
> anyone heard of such?  Sorry for the lame post here that doesn't help.
> But your post hasn't been answered and I thought I up the post level a
> bit.  If I get a chance to do some searching on this I will.
> Dow

I've been needing to look into this for a while, just found the
following links:

http://www.sentry.org/docs/apcupsd/

http://www.sibbald.com/apcupsd/3.8manual/usb.html

Apcupsd version 3.9.4 or later (development version to be released as
3.10.1) provides direct support for USB UPSes on Linux systems. To run
apcupsd with a USB UPS, you need the following things:

     * A USB UPS (for example APC's BackUPS 350 CS)
     * Apcupsd version 3.9.4 or higher
     * Version 2.4.5 or later of the Linux kernel
     * Alan Cox's patch to your kernel. If you have kernel 2.4.5, you
must have patch ac12 or later. For later versions of the kernel, any ac
patch should do.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...