[ale] More from Business Week

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sat Feb 22 19:04:02 EST 2003

Jonathan Rickman said:
> I think the message that business leaders will take from this issue is
> positive. You could sum it up by saying, Linux is coming and it's
> domination is almost inevitable, so we'd better get on the stick and get
> us some of that stuff.

Jonathan,

I agree with you for the most part, except for the sentence I mentioned
earlier.  If I were managing a development shop and had a little interest
in what open source had to offer, after reading that sentence, I'd write
it off.  Why pursue something if I couldn't sell the product I built on
top of it?

Of course, that's just me.  More likely, they'd still seek further info.

I guess I've got mixed feelings.  It's truly great to see Linux get this
attention.  However, if this first exposure leads some to make quick
judgements based on misinformation, well, I guess it's still worth
it...but it's disappointing.

John