[ale] Re:Can't boot after compiling Kernel

Rafos701 at aol.com Rafos701 at aol.com
Sat Feb 22 09:46:37 EST 2003

In order to use my supported winmodem modules, I need something other than the 2.4.18 kernel in my SuSE 7.1 distro. I do make xconfig, make clean, make dep, (Will check .bashistory, or whatever it is, to make sure I did make dep.)

    I move bzImage to /boot, run lilo with correct root, but bzImage panics, and I assume it doesn't have reiserfs module loaded. I can't keep up with the scrolling to see what's up, and can't do dmesg unless I am somewhere. The /lib/modules shows stuff for 2.4.2, which I'm fairly certain is what I compiled.

    Since I never do anything
"on topic," I'll have to redeem this message, (which is requisite to my changing the ISP w/which I deal with this mailing list, so's I can follow up with necessary key procedures,) I have to apologize here for not going to the Northwest meeting, which could have been preceded, fuel efficiently, by picketing the oilman who was presiding in Cobb. I only have time (My 'kernel' mini howto appears not to be up to date on above) to make the analogy of this upcoming war on Iraq with rounding up crack dealers, (based on the axiom that crack is cheap.) If the terrorists are considered as would be snipers, to some extent they already took their best shot, and didn't use ex-Soviet nukes or Iraqi bacteria the transfer of which would be much easier pre-9/11.  But the party so against tax and spend is waging this conventional war, against the state, (of Iraq) on the promise that it will contain the deadliness of shadow groups which have no permanent base. So I compare the most expensive thing our government is capable of doing with looking in corporate boardrooms for crack commerce. While the analogy hinges on the commonality of terrorism and crack-dealing being a "street" operation, recent history finds us "appeasing" activity in corporate boardroom on a par, in damage to the U.S., with crackheadedness. But I digress, and no digression would be more apt than mentioning the association between GA 400, e.g., and crackheads.
     Ok, returning to my point, despite the magic of making Landlords, Huge stockholders, Lenders, and other elitely affluent (Apologies to landlords, as the man said, "Birds have nests, and Foxes have holes....,") Americans who have worked their butts off to have ~95% of the money and are tired of paying >50% of the "taxes," we do have somewhat limited resources and I think throwing money at, e.g. training some of the spooks sifting through the reams of intelligence listened to, to speak semetic languages, maybe some PR in the fundamentalist Islamic world, besides David Hasselhoff, (God loved Duane Allman more.) I have to go he has to go we have to go