[ale] RE: ALE NW meeting last night (VMWare/UML/UltimateCHROOT)

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 21 21:10:08 EST 2003

If all you want is Linux running on Linux, take a look at User Mode
Linux.  Its a port of the linux kernel to linux ;).  I have taken a
cursory glance at it (meaning, I have booted it once) and on the surface
it seems pretty cool.  Its not quite as fast as running Linux on VMWare
(at least it wasn't like a year ago) but I am sure that will improve.

Here is a link:
http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/

Mike