[ale] MySQL sync

Martha Armour warnerharmer at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 09:57:04 EST 2003

One note about inserting records into the slave is
if you have an auto-increment field and create a
record
with let's say "302", and the master then sends over
its newly created "302", replication will break.

I've been using MySQL replication for two years in
a fail-over configuration.  The computers are both
master/slave for each other; however, whichever
computer is running as a slave does not do any
inserting into the database.

- Martha