[ale] Problems with Mojo Mail

Gene Matthews gene at mmc-inc.com
Thu Feb 20 13:35:21 EST 2003

Anyone using Mojo Mail?  I'm using version 2.7.2.  I have three sites I'm intalling it on.  Two of them work fine  and one I can't get to work.

The three sites are all on different hosts at the hosting company.

site1 host:  Red Hat 6.2, kernel 2.2.19, Perl version 5.6.1
site 2 host: Red Hat 6.2, kernel 2.2.19, Perl version 5.6.1
site 3 host: Red Hat 7.3, kernel 2.4.19, Perl version 5.6.1

I have installed all three from the same tar.gz file.  On all three I can pull up the pages to create and admin lists (e.g. www.site.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi) and can send emails to subscribers from within the control panels.   However, I wish to have an announce-only list and have the list owner be able to send the newsletters, etc. from their own email client.  I have this working working great on sites 1 & 2.  On site 3 no email is ever sent.   The way I  am testing it is by sending an email to the listname at site.com (e.g. the short list name) from an email that is not the list owner nor subscribed.  So, if all is working well, I should get an email message back basically saying "not authorized to post to list".  I get that from sites 1 and 2, but nothing from site three.

I have similar procmail rules set up on all three sites (identical except for the listname and domains).  I have procmail verbose logging turned on.  On site 3, I can see from the procmail logs the correct procmail recipe is getting triggered.  The recipe forwards the email to the mojo_send.pl script to then do all its mailing list magic.

Below is a sanitized excerpt from the procmail log from site 3:

procmail: [18792] Thu Feb 20 13:07:10 2003
procmail: Match on "^^listname@(site3.org|site3.com|site3.net)"
procmail: Executing "/home/site3/www/cgi-bin/mojo_send.pl"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/site3/www/cgi-bin/mojo_send.pl"
procmail: Notified comsat: "site3@:/home/site3/www/cgi-bin/mojo_send.pl <mailto:site3@:/home/site3/www/cgi-bin/mojo_send.pl> "