[ale] SuSE 8.1 Mouse/KVM problems

Tom Wiencko tew at wiencko.com
Tue Feb 18 23:18:56 EST 2003

I have a strange problem.  I just recently loaded up a new machine
with SuSE 8.1 (loaded like a dream, and having the entire distribution
on one DVD is really nice).

I have it, and three other machines (two Windows and one RedHat 6.1) all
on a Belkin KVM. The console side has a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard
combo (using the PS/2 ports) driving.

The two Windows machines and the RedHat machine work just fine.  When
I start an X session on the SuSE machine, it works fine.  But when
I switch to another machine and then back to the SuSE machine the
mouse controls go totally wacko.  The other machines continue to
run the mouse just fine.  The only way to get the mouse working
again on the SuSE machine is to kill X and restart it.  Then it works
fine until I switch machines again.

I've played around with the mouse configuration and none of the
available options seem to make any difference. Does anybody have any
ideas of where to start looking?  Or, if the driver is just not up
to the drill, does anybody know off the top of their head where to
look for the mouse driver software for XF86?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Tom Wiencko                                              tew at wiencko.com
President - Wiencko & Associates, Inc.                    (404) 255-2330
Telecom Consulting & Project Development -- Wireline, Wireless, Internet