[ale] anti-virus and mozilla

Douglas Bridges ale at politicalpurpose.com
Tue Feb 18 22:53:41 EST 2003

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 10:19 pm, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> And I found a link with some good directions on using that pop3
> emulator.
> http://mozilla.gunnars.net/mozfaq_use.html
>
> Basically point the Mozmail to the pop3 emulator and setup norton to do
> the equivalent of fetchmail.
>
> Now to dig up some relatively benign bug to <shudder> send through the
> email and test.</shudder>

You don't have to download an actual virus to check it out.  Anti-virus
vendors have come up with a fake file that should be detected by all major
anti-virus programs.  You can read more about it and download it at:
http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

Doug

P.S. hopefully a moderator will see this and not approve my previous message
which was accidentally sent with a non-ale member list email address.