[ale] OT: Woah, retro!

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Feb 18 22:23:44 EST 2003

I could probably put my hands on a PDP-10 if I really wanted to play
with antiques.

In the event of planet-wide disaster (asteroid impact) does the
knowledge still exist to recreate the computer revolution or would it
really be back to the dark ages? Could we actually hand code a
rudimentary compiler than feed it the parts to build a better one until
we recover back to this point (minus M$, of course :)