[ale] OT: [Fwd: LOTTERY]

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Mon Feb 17 15:00:44 EST 2003

I get tons of the Nigerian scam. I am really wondering if they are making a
profit, or if the amount of email sent was prepaid for. In other words, are
they actually getting a return on the investment and actively promoting the
scheme - or did they fork over say $100,000 for one HUGE marketing campaign?
I have seen variants which leads me to believe that it is the former.

Drew

On Monday 17 February 2003 1:14 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> Yeah, I figured the spam filters might have to be adjusted. :)  By the
> way, I didn't call the phone# provided. :)
>
> Fulton Green wrote:
> > That should assure you of plenty more Nigerian-scam spams.  Do a Google
> > search for more details (not to mention the dollar amounts shown below are
> > consistent with the Nigerian scam style ...)
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 02:01:38PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone else get this one?  I've got some time on my hands, so I
> >>responded to the email address provided to see how to get my 'winnings.'
> >>:)  It should be interesting to find out how they are running this scam.
> >>

> >>CRYSTAL LOTTERY INTERNATIONAL Ref. Number: 132/756/4007 Batch Number:
> >>538901527-BB67 Sir/Madam We are pleased to inform you of the result of
> >>the Lottery Winners International programs held on the 14th February,
> >>2003. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number 27511465896-6410
> >>with serial number 3772-510 drew lucky numbers 7-14-88-23-31-45 which
> >>consequently won in the 1st category, you have therefore been approved
> >>for a lump sum pay of US$ 1,000,000.00 (One Million United States
> >>Dollars) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

> The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
> Think about it...

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com