[ale] network problems?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Feb 14 14:04:30 EST 2003

Hmm...interesting.  Same behavior here, on BS dsl.

Since traceroute tries to get a TIME_EXCEEDED ICMP message from the
router, I can only assume that the router *beyond* the last router you see
displayed has this TIME_EXCEEDED message disabled.

Hmm...just tried again and got through to google.  Course, this time I was
on a different route.  Probably just the luck of the draw that you hit a
router that has this feature disabled.  Try again and see if you either a.
make it through or b. time out after hitting a different ip address....

That's the way it looks to me, anyway....

John