[ale] problems getting to some sites??

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Thu Feb 13 23:35:56 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:28:32PM -0500, Danny Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 23:14, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> > 	Someone please start posting a source list of what's working and
> > what's not so we can figure out what chumps to beat up!  You have my
> > numbers...

> 	freshmeat.net and osdn.com work fine for me.

> 	traceroute sf.net and newsforge.com produces the same problem as
> before:

> 	66.56.66.10 && 66.56.66.9 are playing ping-pong.

> 	I called AT&T BI repair and reported it, but the lady there was
> semi-clueless.  She did take down those IPs and said she'd forward them
> to the Network Ops people.  "It should be fixed in 24 hours.  Is there
> anything else that I can help you with?"

> 	Yeah, what's the phone/pager number for the senior NetOP tech?

	On at least one occasion, my son Scott has managed to convince
them that he knows something about what's going on and their NOC has
called him back.  I've informed them that it's a routing loop and it's
to be escalated to the NOC and they can call me back here.  We shall see.

	I also told them that a group of people are comparing notes
and numbers on a mailing list about who the guilty parties are and
that their number is coming up.  He was clueful enough to realize this
was more than a simple complaint...  :-/