[ale] Gauging interest in a PHP mailing list...

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Feb 13 19:55:32 EST 2003

Just wondering how many on the list would be interested in a PHP mailing
list if one were available.

I'll be happy to set one up (and I think one other person mentioned his
willingness as well), but curious to see if there's enough interest to
make it worthwhile.  I have a vested interest...my project is PHP-heavy
and the php-general list is just too high-traffic and fraught with
"EMERGENCY!  HELP ME IMMEDIATELY. I CAN'T READ THE MANUAL."-type messages
to be anything other than irritating.  Most of my questions involve
style....not syntax.  I'm particularly interested in developing MVC-based
apps in PHP, and maintaining complexity and efficiency as the number of
includes/classes increases.  I'd be really interested in hearing other PHP
developers thoughts on this and other issues.  And of course, I'm very
willing to help with syntax/newbie  questions....just got a little tired
of the php-general cruft (if you've subscribed to that list, you know of
what I speak ;-)) filling up the inbox.

Anyway, let me know!

Thanks!
John