[ale] KVM or alternative

Matt Smith msmith at risklabs.com
Thu Feb 13 18:33:03 EST 2003

I think he's referring to some switches that basically only have a "next"
function where you press a button to go from PC 2 to PC 3, but if you want
to go from PC 2 to PC 1, you have to press it 3 times, and usually wait a
little bit inbetween presses.

I saw an ad for a 2-port kvm switch that consisted of nothing more than a
y-cable (http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=554209)... all of
the switching logic was built into a block in the cable where the ends
meet.. pretty low-profile.

--Matt