[ale] KVM or alternative

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Feb 13 13:37:19 EST 2003

I have many linux machines in my office and only one has a head.

Unless you need X running on all machines, you can get away with just
running one with head.  The rest are headless.  I also turn on serial
console on all the other machines so If I do need to gain access to
/dev/console, I can do so with a null-modem cable.  Works really well.

KVM still will not hurt.  I've held off my purchase of a KVM due to the
fact I still think they are a little pricey for home use.  I'm cheap
too.