[ale] slightly OT

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 13 10:02:58 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 05:54:13PM +0500, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> On Thursday 13 February 2003 03:41 am, Dow Hurst wrote:
> >  sounds like the comic must be coming from a
> > different site.  Did changing that fix it for you?
> > Dow
>
> Yep! but I'm not sure I want to leave the browser set
> that way.

Why?  Lots of popular web sites load images from a different server than
the main page.  Slashdot for instance.  I assume they do this to control
bandwidth usage.

If you really want to cut down on ads, and you are using
mozilla/galeon/phoenix, try this out: http://www.floppymoose.com/ .  The
site details a trick to block embedded ads using plain CSS.  I've been
using this for about a week now and it rocks!

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9