[ale] kismet

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Feb 13 08:52:54 EST 2003

I was walking yesterday (exercise) and was thinking about radio wave
transmission,  There really are 2 mindsets to this.  Then #1 example can
be with Satellite TV.

1) America
   America believes that even though satellite TV signals come into your
   home, they are still owned by their creators.  Therefore it is
   illegal to attempt to descramble or receive those signals without
   paying up front

2) Canada.
   Canada has a totally opposite view of this.  If a signal comes into
   your realm, you have the ability and the right to receive those
   without paying for them,  This is evident in the fact to so much
   Sat TV descrambling, fake cards, etc, are smuggled into the US from
   Canada each year.

I got my info from TechTV's Cyber Crime show.  The question is, as
individuals, what do we believe personally.  I used to live behind a
golf driving range in Duluth.  At night they kept their lights on till
9pm.  These lights were very bright.  I was always disturbed and felt
violated by the fact my bedroom was so lit up by these lights and I
could not turn them off.  To me since the light was entering my room in
my realm I felt that I should have more control over this.

The problem is that the air is getting so poluted by these radio waves.
The minute they enter your home, should they still belong to their
owners?  Of course this is debatable and I'm sure you guys will run with
it.

And, I pay the full price for my Dish Network. I do not take the liberty
of descrambling those signals