[ale] kismet

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Wed Feb 12 14:16:44 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> Jonathan Rickman wrote:
>
> > Another thing that is commonly overlooked is making sure that the
> > individual cards themselves are not running in ad-hoc mode. I think that
> > once you get to a certain point in taking all these precautions, you have
> > to conclude that if the data is that important, it's not worth the trouble
> > to secure 802.11b.
>
> And if that's the only viable solution?

Wireless or 802.11b specifically? 802.11b is far from the only solution. I
really like the stuff from Proxim. The Tsunami line is pretty good.

http://www.proxim.com/products/all/tsunami_bridge/index.html

Please note that these are bridges. As I said before, if it absolutely
must be secure, access points are out of the question as far as I'm
concerned. I will not endorse it.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security