[ale] SCSI tape problem

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun Feb 9 02:33:39 EST 2003

Hi All,

	Styill trying to get my Seagate STT8000N scsi tape drive working under
Red Hat 7.3.  It is connected to an Adaptec 2940UW card that is
operating correctly when booted to OS/2.  The hardware browser says it
is using device /dev/st.  That device does not exist in the /dev
directory.  Is it possible the system did not build the character or
block device for it?  Attached is part of the output from cat
/proc/modules.  I have not been able to find an answer to this
anywhere.  Thanks in advance for any help.

st                     29428   0 (unused)
hpfs                   70528   3 (autoclean)
ext3                   65696   2
jbd                    46252   2 [ext3]
dc395x_trm             52800   0
aic7xxx               126112   7
sd_mod                 12284  12
scsi_mod              103348   6 [sg sr_mod st dc395x_trm aic7xxx
sd_mod]
--
Jim Seymour
www.wingbarscafe.com