[ale] The rest of Redhat - FREE HAT!!! FREE HAT!!!

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Feb 7 22:46:52 EST 2003

Really, I have an open mind now. Last time I went to Debians web site, they
were "taking a stand" against providing ISOs (that people like me could use).
I had trouble navigating their site, and eventually gave up. I didn't tell
anyone because I felt stupid for not even being able to find clear
installation instructions or a well designed site.

Apparently, they have changed. I was easily able to find:
ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/debian-cd/images/3.0_r1/i386
I am guessing that they are making efforts to update their software more
quickly (when I saw it even the kernel was back a few versions).

I would be interested in knowing what Debian features that is better than SUSE
or RedHat. Not to start a religious war about distros, but it would be nice
to hear what key features make each distro "better."

For me, the only thing I don't like about SUSE is that I am not used to it
yet. I can't find stuff where RedHat puts it. :) (like /etc/HOSTNAME
instead of /etc/sysconfig/network).

I have a 60 GB drive that I plan to install several OSes on (and finally build
Gentoo from scratch) so that I can learn as much as I did today (big
eye-opener that Linux is not just RedHat or an outdated Caldera CD).
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com