[ale] The rest of Redhat - FREE HAT!!! FREE HAT!!!

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Feb 7 22:33:55 EST 2003

On Friday 07 February 2003 07:16 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > WHO IS IMPRESSED?
> > WHO IS IMPRESSED?
> >
> > I damn near have tears in my eyes!
> >
> > SUSE ROCKS!
> > SUSE 8.1 ROCKS!
>
> I tried to tell you.
>
> > Man! (I am kinda feeling insecure about the loss of Gnome -
>
> Uh, the version of SuSE I've got has Gnome as well. ????

Did you download the 5-8 CDs? I haven't seen Gnome as a choice in the log in
screen. I have not seen it in my Yast. If you have it, it must be somewhere.
For some reason I don't have gcc and when I try "make" it is an unrecognized
command. I always took "make" for granted (like ll which doesn't work when I
ftp into my remote server). I must be missing something - Linux without make?
Nah.

> > but I am so
> > impressed with everything else - I used to HATE KDE because it seemed so
> > slow and buggy). Like, I guess that the Yast system installed all updated
> > packages, so I didn't have to do a 30 minute install AND then turn around
> > and run up2date for another 30+ minutes.
>
> Actually you should do an update and you will get some stuff updated as
> well.
>
> > I haven't even installed worker yet because the normal programs a have
> > enough speed.
> >
> > Dude! Let me shut up now. New TOY!
> > I know one way to blow some of this energy. . . log in to other window
> > managers and see if it runs worse than RedHat 7.0.
> >
> > Does someone want a used RedHat baseball cap?

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com